Wipe out windows operating system
A complete system wipe is needed when the computer is affected by virus or malware, besides, some companies would require a system wipe before their employees leave their job. Windows 10 has the feature to reset everything and keep operating system, but that's no enough for a company or a university requires the DoD 5220.22-M 3 passes overwriting standard. We still need third-party software to wipe the computer.
Programs that wipes computer clean are many in this market, most of which are built-in DoD wiping methods, either into command line or drop down list of a setting window, not really easy to use or click. ByebyeData Eraser, however, does not have such problems, all the wiping standards are listed in the main window, and you can specify each algorithm before you actually erase system.
With easy-to-use interface feature alone doesn't deserve the reputation of best data sanitation program, one more feature that outstanding ByebyeData Eraser is the ability of creating bootable media, which enables us to wipe out the Windows operating system directly from the boot CD.
Steps to wipe out Windows OS
1. Download ByebyeData Eraser Pro or Admin Edition, install it and Run as administrator.
2. Click Bootable media from the main interface, (Free Edition doesn't have this feature, it will jump to the upgrade window if you click this feature in Free Edition).
3. Insert a blank CD, DVD, or an empty USB, burn the ISO file with the according tool, (CD/DVD burning will be simple, just double-click the file and burn; USB burning will need third-party software like Rufus).
4. Change boot order in BIOS and boot from CD/USB, then ByebyeData Eraser will be there to help.
5. Click Erase entire disk, select disk 0, the boot disk, then choose a wiping plan for the disk, and click Erase Now, confirm. And the Windows operating system is gone.
Now the operating system is wiped, what's next?
You can either do a clean install on this hard drive or just donate the empty disk to charity or whatever you'd like to do. The disk is now clean of nothing; no data recovery software can find any traces of previous data. You can also initialize this disk on your computer as a secondary hard drive, or a backup disk.
How to remove all operating systems from a computer?
Some users would like to install multiple systems on the computer, many of which installed different operating system on different partitions of the same hard disk, the rest part of users may install them to separated disks, how to erase them?
In the booted ByebyeData Eraser’s main window, then Erase entire disk function is capable of erasing any type of disk, no matter it’s boot disk or data disk, so it makes no difference if all the operating systems are installed on the small disk or separated disk.
Just click the Entire disk and select all the disks or the single disk with many Systems, then choose a wiping method for them (it) and click Erase Now.