How to wipe computer clean ?
You must have a good reason to wipe computer clean, just simply want to reinstall operating system on a clean hard disk drive when the old computer starts to response slow, or because you want to sell the computer but has no willing to take the risk of data leakage. No matter what reason is it, you're now in the right place.
Wipe computer clean and reinstall Windows
To complete data removal from hard drive, we need to do more than delete or format like we commonly do in Windows OS, to erase the hard drive is the ultimate solution of wiping computer clean on a software-based method
1keep operating system
After years of heavy use of computer, the operating system is getting slower and slower, maybe it is the hard drive getting too old to perform, or maybe there're too many fragments on the disk or so many temporary files, caches, took so much free space. it is tedious to find them one by one, and it is also a bad idea to delete files if you don't even know which of them are removable, so they best choice comes to wipe computer clean and reinstall Windows, maybe Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or even Windows XP.
If you want to try a different operating system, this guide also applies to wipe Windows computer clean and reinstall Linux operating system, like Ubuntu, for example.
2Get rid of virus
Coming to this situation, the computer maybe new, and you want to wipe it clean only because you thought the computer might have a chance to be affected by virus, your personal information is possibly at risk. Format or directly reinstall operating system will not be safe to re-active the computer, since virus too can be activated if the virus itself is still there on the hard drive.
All we have to do is to overwrite the space or the disk once virus stayed. They do a clean install again.
Wipe computer clean before recycling
This is another main reason that we'd like to wipe computer clean. We always have some old desktops, laptops or notebooks. That's always true when companies want to upgrade hardware line and donate old ones to charity or resell them. But before doing anything like selling or donating, data on old hard drives shall be wiped clean, or you'll have large amount of business secrets at risk.
I think we all get the point that wipe computer clean is important, now we can go the details of how to wipe hard drive clean:
1. Go to the download page of ByebyeData Eraser and choose the right edition for your computer or server, install it and Run as administrator.
2. Backup essentials before you do anything in ByebyeData Eraser and close all the running programs when you have done that.
3. In the main interface of the software, click Bootable media and follow the steps to create the ISO file first and prepare a blank USB at the same time.
4. Download Rufus, the free portable USB burning tool, and burn ByebyeData Eraser ISO file to the USB you connected.
5. Reboot from USB and click Erase entire disk in WinPE-based ByebyeData Eraser.
6. Check all the disks from the erase list and specify a wiping method from a set of standard wiping algorithms.
7. Click Erase Now and confirm YES to ByebyeData Eraser.
8. Reinstall Windows or Linux operating system with the setup disc.