How to wipe a hard drive when PC cannot boot?
I want to wipe a pc that the hard drive in it will not boot; I know the hard drive in it may have some bad sectors in it. It served me years. Now I got a new hdd and I want to replace it. The old hard drive may get a new home, because I've made up my mind to donate it, although I know it runs slow and the system will not boot, some computer geeks may have ideas on how to solve this.
To wipe a hard drive will not boot, we need to create a bootable disc contains data sanitation program; ByebyeData Eraser is the good choice. Since the older one cannot boot, we need to create the bootable media from another computer:
- Download ByebyeData Eraser from other functional pc, install the program and run it.
- Insert a bootable device, CD, DVD, USB or some external hard drives.
- Click Bootable Media and a guide window will show up, follow its steps to create the bootable ISO file.
- Burn the ISO file to the device you just inserted or plugged in and disconnect it when burning is finished.
- Boot the old computer from CD /USB, and run ByebyeData Eraser to erase the entire disk.
If the old computer cannot even run the BIOS system or has no response all at, you can remove the hard drive and connect it to the new computer, run ByebyeData Eraser and erase disk on the plugged in one.