Completely erase secondary HDD
Only one disk connect to the computer is not the standard configuration for geeks years ago, when some users are still erasing the primary disk and reinstall Windows 7, many more users are started to wipe the secondary HDD. Unlike erasing primary HDD, secondary HDD erasing will not asked a bootable CD/USB to finish the progress. Maybe you want to erase the secondary hard drive before selling, recycling or donating. Or you just want to wipe everything clean on the disk and category personal files again. No problem, ByebyeData Eraser has the all the solutions for you.
ByebyeData Eraser is not a command prompt style program but a graphically designed one, in which you can erase disks, drives, free space, files and folders with 14 wiping methods. Since it is the secondary HDD we're about to erase, we can use the Erase disk function to wipe the disk with few clicks.
How to completely erase secondary HDD?
1. Backup is always needed before we clean the hard disk drive, and as you know, once we started to erase, all data on the HDD will be completely disappear, there're no ways you can get them back again.
2. Download ByebyeData Eraser, install it on the primary disk and Run the software.
3. Click Erase disk and you'll see all the hard drives or SSDs you connected are listed in the window. Choose the secondary HDD or HDDs you want to erase.
4. Before you click the erase now button please check if the default erasing plan meets your needs, which are mainly divided into 4 types: simple, advanced, complex and very complex overwrite methods, the default setting is simple overwrite, 1 pass, the fastest way. You can check this table and learn detailed description on erasing standards. DoD standards are in both the advanced and complex category.
5. The final step is to click Erase Now and confirm it when the warning dialog pops up.
That's the common way of erasing secondary disk, we have alternative solutions: erase drives or erase free space. You can press Windows key + R to open the run dialog and type diskmgmt.msc to open Disk management; and you can see all the drives you have on the secondary HDD. Run our Eraser and multi-select drives to Erase drive. You can also right-click on each partition and delete them one by one and use Erase free space option on these drives.
Note: This tutorial applies to Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and Windows XP.