Cannot erase file on USB Memory Stick
0x80004005 Unspecified error shows and cannot erase file on USB memory stick, some friend may found this error message when deleting files use the delete key or shift+delete keys. Actually, this error shows not only in this situation, but also under other circumstance when you want to rename a file or zip a file or delete folder in Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10.
In fact, the 0x80004005 error code is mainly because your computer does not correctly register some of the dynamic link library files, or the existence of the computer and the Internet is not allowed HTTPS connection firewall.
To fix this, we need to use the Run dialog box, press Windows + R to open it. And input:
- regsvr32 Softpub.dll
- regsvr32 Wintrust.dll
- regsvr32 Initpki.dll
Type each of them in order and press enter and then reboot the computer.
0x80004005 error code also means permission denied, you can then right-click on the file you want to delete and check the read-only property to see if it enabled, uncheck it and clean the USB in diskpart command line.
- Windows + R to open Run dialog and type diskpart
- Type: list disk > select disk # > clean > exit
- Run Disk management and format the USB for reuse.
Talking about erasing files in on USB memory stick, we can use ByebyeData Eraser if Windows' methods failed you. Besides, this data sanitization software is also capable of erasing disks, drives, and free space of the disk. Download it and we'll start to erase the file you run that error in Windows 10.
- 1. Double-click the ByebyeData Eraser's icon and run it.
- 2. Click Erase files and folders, and then click Add files to add the file to the list.
- 3. Select a method to erase, specify which way you would like: simple, advanced, complex or very complex.
- 4. Click Erase Now and the file will go forever once you confirmed.